Notice is hereby given to all interested members of the public that the Board of Commissioners of the Llano County Emergency Services District No. 5 will hold its initial public meeting at the Civic Center of Sunrise Beach Village, 124 Sunrise Drive, Sunrise Beach Village, Llano County, Texas 78643-9283 at 1:00 p.m. on Monday, January 16, 2023.
- Call meeting of Llano County Emergency Services District No. 5 (hereafter the District) to order and establish a quorum.
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Opening Comments of First ESD Meeting (Peter Jones, Commissioner, Precinct 1)
- Recognition of Guests
- Public Comment: In accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, any response to a public comment that is made on an item that is not on the published final agenda will be limited to a statement of factual information or a statement of existing policy given in response to the public comment. Any deliberation or decision by the Board must be limited to a proposal to place the subject on a future agenda.
- Election of Board Officers
- Engaging an attorney to represent the District
- Contracting with an administrator for the District
- Establishing Board meeting Policies and Procedures
- Discussion and action: – creation of a Mission Statement for the District
- Discussion and action – establishment of subcommittees
- Discussion and action – first year funding and establishing line of credit or other financing
- Discussion and action – bank accounts
- Discussion and action – post office box
- Discussion and action – establishment of District Administrative Office within the District
- Discussion and action – purchase of office supplies
- Discussion and action – establishment of website
- Discussion and action – purchase of software Iicenses
- Discussion and action – establishing email address
- Set Date of Next Regular Meeting
- Executive Session, as needed under Title 5 Open Government Code, Chapter 551, Subchapter (a) through (g). The ESD #4 Board may retire to Executive Session any time between the meetings opening and adjournment for purpose of consultation with legal counsel pursuant to chapter 551.071 of the Texas Government Code, discussion of personnel matters pursuant to Chapter 551.074 of the Texas Government Code and/or discussion of real estate acquisition to Chapter 551.072 of the Texas Government Code. Action, if any, will be taken in open session.